Change Myself, Change the World:
NOTE: The first version of this Commitment was posted here. The latest draft will be maintained here.
I commit to:
- Pay attention to, control, and try to change thoughts and feelings that can lead to oppressive or counterproductive behavior.
- Acknowledge my mistakes and resolve to avoid them in the future.
- Become a better human being and love myself and others in every situation.
- Talk about my efforts with close friends and listen to them talk about their efforts.
- Support the development of social structures that nurture personal and community empowerment.
- Help transform my nation into a compassionate community dedicated to the common good of all humanity, our own people, the environment, and life itself.
- Help improve my nation’s public policies with measures such as assuring living wage job opportunities and protecting the less powerful from arbitrary discrimination and oppression inflicted on them by the more powerful.
If you sign, I’ll send you only one email to verify your signing and invite you to horizontally discuss your efforts with other signers.
[Insert a Google Sheets form here]