Change Myself, Change the World:
NOTE: The first version of this Commitment was posted here. The latest draft will be maintained here. Feel free to share this proposal with any organization that may want to initiate it or encourage others to do so.
I commit to:
- Love and care for myself as I love and care for others.
- Consistently become a better human being.
- Appreciate my strengths and face my weaknesses.
- Pay attention to, control, and try to change thoughts and feelings that can lead to oppressive or counterproductive behavior.
- Acknowledge my mistakes and resolve to avoid them in the future.
- Talk about my efforts with close friends and listen to them talk about their efforts.
- Support the development of social structures that nurture personal and community empowerment.
- Help transform my nation into a compassionate community dedicated to the common good of all humanity, our own people, the environment, and life itself.
- Help improve my nation’s public policies to minimize the abuse of power, protect the less powerful, and help assure that all people have a decent opportunity to thrive, fulfill their potential, and achieve their goals.
If you sign, [?] will send you one email to verify your signing and invite you to horizontally discuss your efforts with other signers.
[Insert a Google Sheets form here]